Assistant Professor, Department of English
PhD, MPhil, University of Cambridge
BJ, Carleton University
Areas of Expertise: British Romanticism; literature and science, especially 18th-19th-century theories of life and psychology
- John Thelwall and the Materialist Imagination (2014)
Book in Progress:
- Romantic Persuasions: Rhetoric, Form, and Feeling, 1780-1830. Examining the transformation of theories and practices of persuasion in British Romantic-era literature.
Selected Recent Articles:
- “Percy Shelley’s Revolutionary Periods.” ELH, forthcoming.
- “ ‘A Plausible Tale’: William Godwin’s Things As They Are.” European Romantic Review, 2014.
- “Mute Records and Blank Legends: John Thelwall’s ‘Paternal Tears.’ ” Romanticism, 2010.
- “Articulations of Community in The Peripatetic.” John Thelwall: Radical Romantic and Acquitted Felon, 2009.
- Co-editor, The Daughter of Adoption: A Tale of Modern Times, by John Thelwall (2013)
- Editor, John Thelwall: Critical Reassessments, Romantic Circles Praxis (2011)