Dean, College of Engineering
B.S., Occidental College
Ph.D., University of Minnesota
Areas of Expertise: Colloidal and interfacial science; The colloidal and molecular properties of crude oil; Biological membranes; Surfactant and interfacial science; Fluid microstructure; Phase equilibria; Biotechnology
- M. B. Smith, D. J. McGillvray, J. Genzer, M. Losche, and P. K. Kilpatrick, Neutron Reflectometry of Supported Hybrid Bilayers with Inserted Peptide, Soft Matter, 6, 862-865, 2010.
- Gupta, S., R. G. Alargova, P. K. Kilpatrick, and O. D. Velev, On-Chip Dielectrophoretic Coassembly of Live Cells and Particles into Responsive Biomaterials, Langmuir, 26, 3441-3452, 2010.
- V. J. Verruto, R. K. Le, and P. K. Kilpatrick, Adsorption and Molecular Rearrangement of Amphoteric Species at Oil-Water Interfaces, Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 113, 13788-13799, 2009.
- S. Turgman-Cohen, D. A. Fischer, P. K. Kilpatrick, and J. Genzer. Asphaltene Adsorption onto Self-Assembled Monolayers of Alkyltrichlorosilanes of Varying Chain Length. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 1:1347-1357, 2009.
- V. J. Verruto and P. K. Kilpatrick. Water-in-Model Oil Emulsions Studied by Small-Angle Neutron Scattering: Interfacial Film Thickness and Composition. Langmuir, 24:12807-12822, 2008.
- X. C. Tombokan, R. M. Aguda, D. A. Danehower, P. K. Kilpatrick, and R. G. Carbonell. Three-component phase behavior of the sclareol-ethyl lactate-carbon dioxide system for GAS applications. Journal of Supercritical Fluids, 45:146-155, 2008.
- S. Turgman-Cohen, M. B. Smith, D. A. Fischer, P. K. Kilpatrick, and J. Genzer. Asphaltene Adsorption onto Self-Assembled Monolayers of Mixed Aromatic and Aliphatic Trichlorosilanes. Langmuir, 25:6260-6269, 2009.
- S. Gupta, R. G. Alargova, P. K. Kilpatrick, and O. D. Velev. On-chip electric field driven assembly of biocomposites from live cells and functionalized particles. Soft Matter, 4:726-730, 2008.
Office: 257 Fitzpatrick