Founding Director of the Wireless Institute
Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering
B.S., Washington University, 1995
M.S., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1997
Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2002
Areas of Expertise: Multi-user communications systems; Cross-layer network algorithms and architectures; Signal processing for communications; Detection and estimation theory; Information theory
- J. N. Laneman, D. N. C. Tse, and G. W. Wornell, “Cooperative Diversity in Wireless Networks: Efficient Protocols and Outage Behavior,” IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, vol. 50, no. 12, pp. 3062-3080, Dec. 2004.
- M. Sikora, J. N. Laneman, M. Haenggi, D. J. Costello, Jr., and T. E. Fuja, “Bandwidth- and Power-Efficient Routing in Linear Wireless Networks,” IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 2624-2633, June 2006.
- D. Chen, M. Haenggi, and J. N. Laneman, “Distributed Spectrum-Efficient Routing Algorithms in Wireless Networks,” IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 5297 - 5305, Dec. 2008.
- Z. Sun, G. J. Bradford, and J. N. Laneman, “Sequence Detection Algorithms for PHY-Layer Sensing in Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks,” IEEE J. Select. Topics Signal Processing., vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 97-109, Feb. 2011.
- Z. Sun and J. N. Laneman, “Performance Metrics, Sampling Schemes, and Detection Algorithms for Wideband Spectrum Sensing,” IEEE Trans. Signal Processing, vol. 62, no. 19, pp. 5107-5118, Oct. 2014.
- M. Bloch and J. N. Laneman, “Strong Secrecy from Channel Resolvability,” IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, vol. 59, no. 12, pp. 8077-8098, Dec. 2013.
For more information on publications, click here