Resources for Fellows
In addition to providing opportunities for interdisciplinary training and research, the GLOBES program also supports our student's professional development through the following offerings.
GLOBES Mini Grants
Current GLOBES Fellows are eligible to apply for mini-grants of up to $2,500 to advance their interdisciplinary research. The competition is contingent on funding availability, and is typically announced in February with the deadline in March. Winners are announced in April. Winners of the competition are required to present their work at the Annual GLOBES Symposium, held at the end of the Spring semester, no later than one year after receiving the award.
The general objective of a GLOBES mini-grant is to promote interdisciplinary research and training in environment and society. We are particularly interested in proposals that:
- Promote the interdisciplinary component of the student’s research portfolio as it applies to questions of environment and society
- Create opportunities for enhancement of the student’s academic background and competitiveness for future positions
- Engage different disciplines and colleges across the University and beyond
- Create networks and platforms that connect scholars from across the University
- Conform to the highest academic standards
Current fellows are eligible to apply for conference support grants not to exceed $1000. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis (contingent on funding availability)--please email us a proposal with the following information:
- Conference title, dates and description.
- Description of your role at the conference, and how your attendance at this event constitutes a professional development opportunity.
The GLOBES program is happy to co-sponsor events relating to the themes of the program organized by student organizations in which our current fellows are members, and will support in full events organized by current fellows as part of the program. If you have an event you'd like to propose, please email us. Applications accepted on a rolling basis (contingent on funding availability).