The Schubmehl-Prein Family Professor of Computer Science and Engineering
Chair, Department of Computer Science and Engineering
B.S., George Mason University, 1976
Ph.D., Duke University, 1980
Areas of Expertise: Computer vision and pattern recognition, biometrics, data mining, medical image analysis.
Recipient of IEEE Computer Society Technical Achievement Award, 2014, "for pioneering contributions to the science and engineering of biometrics".
- "Unraveling the Effect of Textured Contact Lenses on Iris Recognition," 2014
- "Automated post-storm damage classification of low-rise building roofing systems using high resolution aerial imagery," 2013.
- "Pose-Robust Recognition of Low-Resolution Face Images, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence," 2013.
- "Template Aging Phenomenon in Iris Recognition," 2013.
- "Handbook of Iris Recognition," 2013.