Associate Professor of English
Ph.D., UCLA, 2009
Areas of Expertise: Literature and science, especially 19th-21st century American literature; History of technology; Media studies
- Corridor: Media Architectures in American Fiction (2013)
- “Atlas of a Concave World: Game of Thrones and the Historical Novel.” Critical Quarterly (2015).
“What Are the Novels of the Anthropocene? American Fiction in Geological Time.” American Literary History (2015).
- Editor, with Tobias Boes, “Writing the Anthropocene.” (2014)
- “Waiting for the Plague: A Field Report from Contemporary Serialization” (2014)
- “How to Be an Alien” (2013)
- “Dreiser’s Stamping Room: Becoming Media in An American Tragedy” (2013)
- “Sewer, Furnace, Air Shaft, Media: Modernity behind the Walls in Native Son and Manhattan Transfer” (2010)
- “Future Present: Nanotechnology and the Scene of Risk” (2004)
Office: 218 Decio