Associate Professor & Department Chair of Theology
B.S., St. Louis University, 1982
M.T.S., Weston Jesuit School of Theology, 1988
Ph.D., University of Chicago, 1993
Areas of Expertise: Science and theology; Political and liberation theology; Christian spirituality
- Take Lord and Receive all My Memory: Toward an Anamnestic Mysticism (2015)
- (editor with Kevin Burke, SJ, and Rodolfo Cardenal, SJ) A Grammar of Justice: The Legacy of Ignacio Ellacuría (2014)
- Interruptions: Mysticism, Theology and Politics in the Work of Johannes Baptist Metz (1998)
- (editor/translator) J. B. Metz, A Passion for God: The Mystical-Political Dimension of Christianity (1998)
- “Reading the Universe Story Theologically: The Contribution of a Biblical Narrative Imagination,” Theological Studies vol. 71 (2010).
- “Teaching Catholic Theology in the Coming Decade: Report from a Consultation,” Horizons vol. 37, no. 2 (Fall 2010).
- "A Contemplative under the Standard of Christ: Ignacio Ellacuría's Interpretation of Ignatius of Loyola's Spiritual Exercises,” Spiritus: A Journal of Christian Spirituality vol. 10 (fall 2010).
2010. “The University as an Instrument of Consolation in the Modern World,” The Way, 49/2 (April 2010), 21–36.